inAtalent CODE OF CONDUCT
This Code of Conduct is intended to provide standards of professional conduct that can be
applied by the volunteers of the inAtalent organization. This Code also provides a common set of
values upon which the instructor builds their professional work and has as its primary goal the welfare
and protection of the individuals and groups with whom the instructors help. It is the individual
responsibility of each instructor to aspire to the highest possible standards of conduct. inAtalent
volunteers respect and protect human and civil rights, and do not knowingly participate in or condone
unfair discriminatory practices.
Code of Conduct
• inAtalent volunteers strive to maintain high standards of excellence in their teaching.
• inAtalent volunteers recognize the boundaries of their particular competencies and the
• limitations of their expertise. They provide instruction in only those areas for which they
• are qualified by training and experience.
• inAtalent volunteers maintain knowledge of relevant technical information related to the
• instruction they render, and they recognize the need for ongoing education and training.
• inAtalent volunteers seek to promote integrity in the volunteering help they provide.
• inAtalent volunteers are honest, fair, and respectful of others. In describing or reporting
• their qualifications, services, or experiences, they do not make statements that are false,
misleading, or deceptive.
C: Professional Responsibility
• inAtalent volunteers uphold ethical standards of conduct, accept appropriate responsibility
• for their behavior, and adapt their teaching methods to the needs of different learners.
• inAtalent volunteers consult with, refer to, or cooperate with other inAtalent volunteers to the
• extent needed to serve the best interest of the recipient.
• inAtalent volunteers respect the fundamental rights, dignity, and worth of all learners as well as
people they help.
• Instructors are aware of cultural, individual, and role differences, including those due to age,
gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, language, and
• inAtalent volunteers do not knowingly participate in or condone unfair discriminatory practices.
• inAtalent volunteers do not engage in sexual harassment. Sexual harassment is sexual
solicitation, physical advances, or verbal or nonverbal conduct that is sexual in nature, and that
either: (1) is unwelcome, is offensive, or creates a hostile environment, and the instructor knows
or is told this; or (2) is sufficiently severe or intense to be abusive to a reasonable person in the
context. Sexual harassment can consist of a single intense or severe act or of multiple persistent
or pervasive acts.
• inAtalent volunteers do not engage in behavior that is harassing or demeaning to learners based
on factors such as those persons' age, gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual
orientation, disability, language, or socioeconomic status.
E: Concern for the Learners Welfare
• inAtalent volunteers seek to consider the rights and obligations of each learner and
contribute to the well being of their student. Instructors are sensitive to differences in
“power” between themselves and others, and they do not exploit or mislead the learner or
other people during or after their professional relationship.
• inAtalent volunteers will take reasonable steps to avoid harming a learner and to minimize harm
where it is foreseeable and unavoidable.
• inAtalent volunteers will ensure that any physical contact with a leaner is appropriate to the
situation and necessary for that learner’s skill development.
• inAtalent volunteers will provide a safe and healthy environment for training and or
demonstrations and will ensure that equipment and facilities are appropriate and meet
• inAtalent volunteers will show concern and caution towards a sick or injured learner and
encourage the individual to seek medical advice when required.
• inAtalent volunteers will not tolerate the use of narcotics or performance-enhancing drugs by
learners and will support learners' efforts to be drug-free.
• inAtalent volunteers refrain from tobacco and alcohol use while they are instructing.
F: Responsible Teaching
• inAtalent volunteers are aware of their professional responsibilities to the community and the
society in which they work and live. inAtalent volunteers try to avoid misuse of their work and
comply with the law.
• inAtalent volunteers provide proper training and supervision to their employees or supervisees
and take reasonable steps to see that such persons perform services responsibly, competently,
• inAtalent volunteers have an obligation to be familiar with this Code of Conduct and their
application to the volunteers’ efforts. Lack of awareness or misunderstanding of an ethical
standard is not itself a defense to a charge of unethical conduct.
• When an inAtalent volunteers is uncertain whether a particular situation or course of action
would violate the Code of Conduct, the volunteer ordinarily consults with other inAtalent
volunteers knowledgeable about ethical issues.
Also, for volunteers helping with training, instructing, fundraising, hosting events, as well as
volunteering in general in any number of inAtalent community initiatives, accepting the previous as well
as following terms of agreement as a code of conduct will be necessary.
1. I will abide by all rules, regulations and policies of inAtalent and ensure that my company’s
membership remains in good standing at all times. Furthermore, I will at all times obey all applicable
national, state, province, and local laws and regulations.
2. I will conduct the all affairs of INATALENT in good faith and with honesty, integrity, and due
3. I will exercise proper authority and good judgment in dealings with INATALENT staff, suppliers,
event hosts, and the general public and will respond to the needs of INATALENT’s members in a
responsible, respectful, and professional manner.
4. I will not misuse INATALENT property or resources or allow any unauthorized person to have or use
such property. I will at all times keep INATALENT’s property secure.
5. I will use my best efforts to regularly participate in volunteer activities and perform assigned duties
in a professional and timely manner.
6. I will not engage in or facilitate any discriminatory or harassing behavior directed toward INATALENT
staff, members, volunteers, directors, meeting attendees, exhibitors, sponsors, suppliers, contractors, or
others relating to INATALENT.
7. I will not have meetings or discussions in relation to volunteer team activities or team decisions
without the knowledge or participation of the team staff liaison.
8. I will act at all times in the best interest of INATALENT and not for personal or third‐party gain or
financial enrichment. When encountering potential conflicts of interest, as required, I will remove
myself from the matter.
9. Specifically, I will:
Avoid placing self‐interest or third‐party interest above that of INATALENT. Unintentional personal or
third‐party benefits must be merely incidental to the primary benefit of INATALENT.
I will not abuse my volunteer position by improperly using INATALENT's staff, services, equipment,
resources, or property for personal or third‐party gain or pleasure. I will not represent to third parties
that my authority as a volunteer extends any further than it actually does. Goods, services, or benefits
should not be provided or promised on behalf of INATALENT.
I will not accept gifts, gratuities, personal property, or any other item of value from any person or entity
as an incentive to provide special treatment in matters pertaining to INATALENT without fully disclosing
such items to the Board of Directors.
I will not provide or promise goods or services to INATALENT as a paid vendor, unless full disclosure has
been provided in advance and approved by the Board of Directors. *See Members as Vendors Policy
In addition to the foregoing Code of Conduct, I agree to the following:
1. As a INATALENT volunteer, I may have access to INATALENT content and or contact information. I
acknowledge and agree that all INATALENT content and contact information(and all rights therein,
including, without limitation, copyright) belongs to and shall be the sole and exclusive property of
INATALENT. Nothing herein shall be construed to grant any license to or grant any rights to me or
anyone acting through me to publish, license, or in any manner use INATALENT content. I shall, at all
times, use my best efforts to prevent the unauthorized publication, license, or use of INATALENT
content by any persons not authorized by INATALENT.
2. As a INATALENT volunteer, INATALENT or its staff or other volunteers (each, a “DISCLOSING PARTY”)
may disclose to me, information INATALENT may consider proprietary and confidential which (a) relates
to INATALENT’s past, present or future research, development, business activities, products, services, or
technical knowledge and (b) has been identified as confidential or would be understood to be
confidential by a reasonable person ("CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION").
a. CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION of INATALENT may be used by me only in connection with my
INATALENT volunteer activities.
b. I agree to protect the confidentiality of INATALENT’s CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION with the same
degree of care that I use to protect the confidentiality of my own (or my company’s) confidential
information of similar kind, but in no event shall I use less than reasonable care.
c. CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION shall at all times remain, as between the INATALENT and me, the
property of INATALENT. Except to the extent otherwise agreed by INATALENT, no express or implied
license or right to or under any patents, trade secrets, copyrights, trademarks or other rights is granted
hereunder or any disclosure of CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION hereunder.
d. All CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION made available hereunder, including copies thereof, shall be
returned to INATALENT upon INATALENT’s request.
e. Nothing in this Code shall prohibit or limit my use of information (including, but not limited to,
ideas, concepts, know-how, techniques, and methodologies) (i) previously known to me, prior to its
receipt from a DISCLOSING PARTY, (ii) independently developed by me without use of the
CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION, (iii) acquired by it from a third party which was not under an obligation
to INATALENT not to disclose such information, or (iv) which is or becomes publicly available through no
breach of this Code by me.
f. In the event I receive a subpoena or other validly issued administrative or judicial process
requesting INATALENT’s CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION, I shall promptly notify INATALENT and tender to
it the defense of such demand. Unless the demand shall have been timely limited, quashed or extended,
I shall thereafter be entitled to comply with such demand to the extent required or permitted by law or
a court or other body of competent jurisdiction over the matter in question. If requested by INATALENT,
I shall reasonably cooperate (at INATALENT’s expense) in the defense of a demand.
g. Nothing in this Code shall prohibit or restrict INATALENT’s or my right to develop, use, or market
products or services similar to or competitive with those of the other party disclosed in the
CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION as long as it shall not thereby breach this Code. I acknowledge that
INATALENT or other volunteers or staff may already possess or have developed products or services
similar to or competitive with those of INATALENT disclosed in the CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION.
3. In my capacity as a INATALENT volunteer, I may assist INATALENT staff members and others,
including third-party contractors, in the development, modification, and refinement of instructional
texts and related material for INATALENT’s educational courses (individually and collectively known as
the “INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY”). I hereby grant, convey, assign, and set over unto INATALENT, its
successors and assigns, exclusively and irrevocably, all of my right, title, and interest in and to the
copyrights in all of my contributions, past, present, and future, to the INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY (the
“CONTRIBUTIONS”), including without limitation, copyrights and renewals and/ or extensions thereof,
for all territories of the world in perpetuity. Good and valuable consideration has been provided to me
for the assignment of these rights. I also waive any and all moral rights, and rights of attribution and
integrity, with respect to INATALENT’s use of the CONTRIBUTIONS. Nothing herein shall be deemed to
assign to INATALENT rights in any idea, procedure, process, system, method of operation, concept,
principle, discovery or other matter as to which copyright protection does not extend.
4. I hereby represent and warrant to INATALENT that the CONTRIBUTIONS are my own original work;
that I am the sole owner of the CONTRIBUTIONS and all of the rights granted herein; that I have the full
right and power to make this assignment; that the CONTRIBUTIONS do not violate any copyright,
proprietary or personal rights of others; that the CONTRIBUTIONS are factually accurate and contain no
matter which is libelous, slanderous, or otherwise unlawful; that I have not previously disposed of any of
the rights granted herein to INATALENT nor previously granted any rights adverse thereto or
inconsistent therewith; and that there are no rights outstanding which would diminish, encumber or
impair the full enjoyment or exercise of the rights herein granted to INATALENT.
5. I may not assign my rights or delegate my duties or obligations under this Volunteer Code of
Conduct and Agreement (“Code”) without INATALENT’s prior written consent. Any attempt to assign or
delegate my rights, duties or obligations in violation of this Code is void. This Code may not be modified
or amended except by the mutual written agreement of INATALENT and me. No waiver of any provision
of this Code shall be effective unless it is in writing and signed by the party against which it is sought to
6. This Code is the complete and exclusive statement of my agreement with INATALENT relating to the
subject matter of this Code. This agreement supersedes all requests for proposals, proposals or other
prior agreements, oral or written, and all other communications between the parties relating to the
subject matter hereof.
7. If any term or provision of this Code is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid,
illegal or otherwise unenforceable, the same shall not affect the other terms or provisions hereof or the
whole of this Code, but such term or provision shall be deemed modified to the extent necessary in the
court's opinion to render such term or provision enforceable, and the rights and obligations of the
parties shall be construed and enforced accordingly, preserving to the fullest permissible extent the
intent and agreements of the parties herein set forth.
8. This Code shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of California, without
giving effect to conflict of law rules.
Release of Liability/Disclaimer
By singining this I hearby grant permission to inAtalent to publish photographs taken of me and/or the
minor accompanied by me who participates in the volunteering activities arranged by inAtalent for
publicly promoting it's mission, accomplishments and any marketing materials created.
I agree that during volunteering activities of teaching or learning during the classes set by inAtalent
recording of the same is not allowed. I understand that inAtalent will take a few pictures while
classes are conducted online for their marketing material.
Disclaimer - I hereby release inAtalent including it's trustees, members and volunteers, from any type
of injury while participating online to attend a volunteer driven class. I will also assume the risk
associated with participation in this event whether known or unknown to me at this time